Velvety Chocolate Mousse
A really simple recipe for an indulgent treat which takes only minutes to prepare. You will need avocados, bananas, honey or maple syrup depending on your preference, some vanilla extract or bean paste, and some unsweetened cocoa powder. Toppings can be added as you wish.
Per serving: energy 214kcal • protein 3.1g • fat 14.6g • saturated fat 3.8g • carbohydrate 18.3g • sugar 15.8g • fibre 4.7g • salt 0.2g • GI medium
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 150g (5 oz) ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp clear honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 50g (2 oz) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Halve the avocados, remove and discard the stones, and scoop the flesh into a food processor.
- Add the banana, honey or syrup, vanilla extract or paste and cocoa powder and blend together, scraping the mixture down the sides of the bowl once or twice during blending, until very smooth.
- Chill if you wish, then spoon into bowls or cups and serve.
Adding a tablespoon or two of cold water will give you a slighter lighter mousse. Do serve each portion topped with 50g (2 oz) black cherries, sliced figs, strawberries or raspberries, if you wish.
* The nutritional values for each recipe are estimates only and may vary depending on brand of ingredients used and natural biological variations in the composition of natural foods.
The views expressed in Reach are not necessarily those of Roche Diabetes Care Limited or our publishers. The content of Reach is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely – you must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content in Reach. Although we make reasonable efforts to ensure that the content of Reach is up to date, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content of Reach is accurate, complete or up-to-date.